Data transformation for Tableau
EasyMorph greatly extends the built-in data transformation capabilities of Tableau.
It enables designing complex parameterized multi-step transformation processes with data quality guards and data profiling.
Similarly to Tableau, EasyMorph is highly visual, optimized for users without a technical background, and requires little or no training.
More than 50% of EasyMorph customers use it for Tableau.
A few examples of what you can do with EasyMorph:
- Merge data in different modes: lookup, join, interval matching (perfect for slowly changing dimensions), and fuzzy matching (for words with typos).
- Apply rules to control data quality; abort transformation if quality checks not passed.
- Extract data from complex, possibly inconsistent spreadsheets with various data quality issues.
Unlike most ETL tools, EasyMorph allows mixing numbers and text in the same column which makes it a great tool for parsing spreadsheets.
- Pivot / unpivot tables; apply powerful non-relational transformations (e.g. Fill Down, Shift Column).
- Arrange advanced workflows with loops (including nested loops), if-then-else branching, and subroutines.
- View auto-generated human readable description of data transformation logic behind a dashboard.
- Schedule refreshes with different parameters (requires EasyMorph Server).
- Trigger EasyMorph transformations right from Tableau dashboards using Actions.
There are three ways how data can be exported from EasyMorph to Tableau:
- Create a TDE (Tableau Data Extract) file, or a CSV file (if you're using Tableau Public).
- Publish a TDE to a Tableau Server (incremental refreshes also supported).
- Export data into a relational database (data mart), then query it with Tableau. Incremental export is also supported.
Integration with Tableau.
Export into .tde files, Export into databases.
EasyMorph is a Tableau Technology Partner since 2015.
Try EasyMorph today. No registration required.